Ready to go… BUT NOTHING TO WEAR
- Weed out those un-wearables from your closet….Turn them into ready-to-wear clothing that’s functional, well fitted, and makes you look & feel great!* (*You can do this without buying a whole new wardrobe)
- My specialty is the recycling of an existing wardrobe into a more functional one by alteration, repair, redesign and lots of creativity.
- Let’s recycle some of those items into wearable clothing for you, now! Remember, recycling is as good for your closet (and your budget) as it is for the environment!
Custom Design and Sewing rates
Basic custom sewing $30/hr.
Includes cutting out, sewing and fitting a new garment, alterations, misc. repair, vintage restoration, costumes, slipcovers and other home-deco sewing.
- zipper replacement: $15-$20, plus cost of zipper
- pant/skirt hemmed: $10-$20
- duvet (comforter) cover: $80-$175
includes piping finish and button closure (you supply sheets or fabric)
Pattern drafting, design and prototype work, $40/hr
- If your favorite garment has been worn to shreds, I’ll draft a pattern off the original. Then you can put it to rest!
- Can’t find a commercial pattern for the dream ensemble you’ve got in mind? Hand me a photo, a picture or a geeky sketch on a cocktail napkin. This is where my college degree kicks in!
- Got your own product idea and want to get it to market? I’ll create your sample pieces for the showroom or gift show, produce patterns for the manufacturer and give you a breakdown of yardage, other purchase supplies and offer ways to make your idea cost effective to produce.
Find something you’d like to order?
Or…. love that style–but want different colors? Need to talk about custom orders, color matches, etc? Booking for workshops, shows? email me: Jude@judeemoonbeam.com or call:
Jude- 503-285-1875 landline
If you’re in my area, call for an appointment to visit me in my studio. I’m near Beaumont Village, above the hill from the Hollywood District in NE Portland, Oregon. Easy to find , easy to park. Handicap accessible.
I accept all credit cards through Square and process them over the phone. Checks and money orders by mail, also.
My exchange/return policy: Please call or email first, to tell me the nature of your return or exchange. Return your item within 21 days of purchase (date stamp) with no signs of wear and original copy of receipt. Shipping and handling charges are non-refundable. I can alter, exchange, credit your account or issue you shop credit.
I look forward to talking with you!